Review: Thermage® Total Tip 3.0 Aesthetics Treatment

I have an interest for non-invasive aesthetics treatments all these while. I like how it improves or enhances my physical appearance without the need to go under the knife (ie. Plastic surgery). So when I was invited for an event by Thermage as they were introducing their latest product - Thermage® Total Tip 3.0, it was definitely a "YES" to attend the event after work one evening.




***THERMAGE FAQs***


What Thermage® does?
It helps in smoothing, tightening and contouring the treated areas and helps in reducing cellulite appearance temporarily. It also helps to reverse and prevent signs of ageing. This is not done only on the surface, but through all 3 layers of your skin - epidermis, dermis and the subcutaneous layer. This is possible through Thermage which uses a type of patented radio-frequency (RF) technology to penetrate through all 3 layers to tighten and renew your skin's collagen.


What is the Thermage Total Tip 3.0?
 It is the newest treatment technology by Thermage, whereby it provides 2 times the bulk heating effect compared to standard Thermage face tips. This leads to a deeper delivery of uniformed heat for faster response time. It also dramatically improves visual results. Plus, with results that are permanent, it has become the leading choice for women who want smoother skin with little downtime.


Why is there a need to renew the skin's collagen?
Collagen stands support and build up the epidermis, dermis and hypodermis, keeping it strong and wrinkle-free in the younger years. Collagen strands are made like coil which become unwound when one ages. As we age, the collagen strands uncoil, which leafs to wrinkled skin and loss in skin elasticity.

Since our skin's collagen breaks down as one ages (Sad truth, isn't it?) and treatments that work only on the surface is unable to restore the collagen in the 2nd or 3rd layer of one's skin. So here comes Thermage®, which is able to do so! :)


How does it work?
Thermage's unique deep-heating technology stimulates and renews your own collagen, as well as to shrink existing collagen strands while producing new collagen over time. This results in tighter, smoother skin. Also, the latest Thermage device comes with the Comfort Pulse Technology (CPT) – which gives off  gentle vibrations and interspersed cooling which you will feel more comfortable from the heating sensation .





Where can Thermage® be used on?
The Thermage® Total Tip 3.0, is a highly effective treatment tip that can be used on the eyes, face, neck, hands and body.
  • The Eyes – hooding, fine lines and even our brow line can make us look worn-down. Thermage treats the upper and lower eyelids to help you look more youthful and rested
  • The Face – as we age, phrases like “turkey neck”, loose jowls, sagging skin and “what happened to my jawline?” creep in. Thermage smooths lines and wrinkles and remodels collagen for the overall health of the skin.
  • The Body – aging doesn’t just affect the skin on our faces, our bodies see the effects too, with sagging skin and unwanted bulges and dimples. Thermage is a non-invasive way to smooth the skin on our bodies and even temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite. Yes, you can have Thermage done on your arms, thighs and butts!




Is there any downtime after going for a Thermage® treatment?
There is little or no downtime for this Thermage treatment. This was what I liked as my job requires me to face my clients, and not just my colleagues and the computer. In  addition, you can incorporate this into your 'lunchtime beauty fix' whereby you can do it during lunch and you can be back to work, and yes - With makeup on. PERFECTLY SUITABLE FOR BUSY WORKING PEOPLE LIKE ME!


Who is suitable for the Thermage®treatment?
All skin types, colors, age and genders are suitable for this treatment... Afterall, even Hollywood celebritites like Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt and Oprah Winfrey had done Thermage treatments before.Also, Thermage is for people who are not suitable or do not wish to to have fillers or Botox treatments done. It is better to be done on people with mild to moderate sagging, and not for full-fledged jowls.  

Is the Thermage treatment safe?
Thermage first pioneered the non-invasive treatment of wrinkles using radiofrequency energy over ten years ago, and to date physicians in over 2300 practices and 80 countries have treated patients. That's more than 1 million treatments for women and men of all ethnicity, each with their own reasons for wanting to look and feel younger.


How many Thermage treatments will I need?
Unlike other treatments, you simply need to have Thermage done once a year. Of course, your doctor may recommend once every 6 months if your doctor sees the need for you to, in order to have optimal results. Otherwise, once will be sufficient.


How fast can I see the results after a Thermage treatment session?
I will say IMMEDIATELY once done. In fact, over the next few months, you will be able to see more improvements as your collagen starts to build back after the treatment.



 ~*~*~*~*~


Through the PR agency handling the Thermage brand, I was invited for a sponsored Thermage session at one of the aesthetics clinic in Singapore - Dr Benjamin Yim Clinical Aesthetics & Laser Centre. This invite came shortly after the event which I attended and I of course, gladly took up the invitation. Afterall,  as I would really, really, really want to contour my face to be slimmer, as well as to improve my skin complexion (My complexion has always been a bane of my life!). Also, I have been quite bothered with my chin area... Which seems to be getting rather fleshy (Double Chin on the way?!?!?) recently.



Would you like to know how is the procedure like for a Thermage treatment?
Read on then!~ :)



So once I arrived at Dr Benjamin's clinic, I was asked to fill up a registration form. Afterwhich, I was brought to a pre-treatment room by an uniformed clinic assistant (I have to say that their uniforms were designed really nice and it looked good!) to change into a pair of disposable slippers and brought into another room to have my makeup removed (Eye makeup need not be removed if you do not wish to) and face washed, since a clean and makeup-free face is required for the treatment. Metal jewelery have to be removed too.


Face looks ok right? It's the angle! But wait, see my chin! *horror-rama* 
Now you know why I was more than happy to undergo this treatment right? :p
Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03931__zps94303126.jpg


Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03934__zpsc5600b24.jpg


Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03936__zps50fc41f4.jpg


Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03937__zps0f9e179f.jpg


Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03945__zps382d218d.jpg


I went back to the first room and had pre-treatment photos
from various angles. Yes, this is how I look like without makeup. :)
Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03948__zpsaa555e58.jpg


No makeup face again.
OMGosh... those dark eye circles! I need to do something about that!
Don't judge me with that cap...
Though a prettier, more girly cap will be better, I must say. :p
Thermage Total Tip photo 01__zps2a0fcdb5.jpg


Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03952__zpsbfdf372d.jpg


Next, the clinic assistant applied numbing cream on my face.
It was left for about 15 minutes before being wiped off.
Thermage Total Tip photo 02__zps475119a8.jpg


Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03962__zpsf23147d0.jpg


Happy and excited about having this Thermage treatment done.
Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03966__zps463f1ed1.jpg


I proceed to the treatment room, whereby I met Dr Benjamin. We had a short consultation about the Thermage procedure, what I hoped to achieve and what he felt would be achieved. He mentioned that most patients that go for Thermage treatments are in their late 30s and above. But I felt that Thermage treatment IS suitable for people in their 20s too... Afterall, why not have preventive measures taken while our collagen level/condition to have new ones or regenerate, is not as bad as it may be... say when we are in our 30s or 40s. Don't you agree? :)



Dr Benjamin started drawing on my face to mark the areas
where he would concentrate more on.
Of which, the Doctor will deliver more pulses at these areas.
Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03989__zps96541ba7.jpg


Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03995__zpse139c5c6.jpg


And since my aim was to have more of a 'V-shaped' face (瓜子脸), and to tighten the submental area (the area where double chin appears), that was why these areas were being mapped out.
Thermage Total Tip photo 03__zps79b004ce.jpg


Next, a grip was ink-transferred to my face. The grids serve as a guide to the doctor to make sure that the same area will not be done more than it is supposed to. Before we started on the procedure, coupling lotion was applied to ensure the good contact of the handpiece to my skin.


Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03997__zpsd469456e.jpg



Did you notice a wire close to my neck/shoulder area in the picture above?
This was a wire that was connected to a self-adhesive "return pad" that I was lying on. 
This allowed a path of travel for the radiofrequency current back to the generator (i.e. to ground me).


My Thermage treatment begins!


Thermage Total Tip photo DSC03999__zps31c907f1.jpg


Throughout the treatment, Dr Benjamin checked with me on the heat as well as for any pain/discomfort level that I was experiencing. He would then adjust the RF pulses based on my feedback. As my threshold for pain/discomfort is medium-to-high, my RF level was increased for a few times throughout the treatment. Personally, I feel that if one is able to take the pain, just endure.. Since you are paying for the treatment, might as well bear as much as you can, right?


The pain level was generally alright for me. The only areas which I felt a slight discomfort was around my lip, neck and jawline area. This was because those areas have lesser fats, thus the discomfort. Other than that, the whole treatment was rather comfortable and relaxing... And it was like having a rubber band being flicked on your skin. It is almost like IPL.


I believe that there was not much pain or discomfort due to the new Comfort Pulse Technology (CPT) that Thermage had researched and came up with for their 3rd generation Thermage machine! Other than delivering more uniformed energy along with the vibrating handpiece, the CPT system also has a "cooling" mechanism that is part of the handpiece which assists to reduce heat even more.




Thus, when you book an appointment with an aesthetics doctor, please check if they are using the 3rd generation machine, as using that will definitely have your treatment to be done more comfortably and less pain (if any).


The 3rd Generation Thermage machine


The orange color part is the Total Tip 3.0. 
Used only once per treatment session, and disposed after.
Thermage Total Tip photo DSC04003__zps6deefb11.jpg



The Doctor will base on his knowledge to decide on the number of reps to shoot.

It depends on whether it is necessary, and how much your skin is able to take it.
Thermage Total Tip photo DSC04005__zps4eb0a46e.jpg


Each time the tip touched my face, there was a musical kind of
 sound. Pretty soothing and pleasant to the ears, I must say. Heh!~
Thermage Total Tip photo DSC04008__zpsf5dcdbf6.jpg


The whole procedure took about an hour in all.
And if you want to know the result of my Thermage treatment, 
check it out in my next blog post, posting it up soon.
Yes, pictures included! ;)



I would like to say thank you to Solta Medical, Solta's PR agency and Dr Benjamin Yim for having me try the Thermage treatment.
For giving me this wonderful chance to have firmer, smoother skin.
And a happier me. :)
 



2 Response to Review: Thermage® Total Tip 3.0 Aesthetics Treatment

23 September 2013 at 23:31

That is an excellent description of Thermage. As the manager of a non invasive cosmetic surgery center specializing in Thermage I really do appreciate your article. I shows the befores and afters and procedure very well. Thank you.

26 October 2017 at 15:35

Thermage is a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth and improve skin for an overall younger looking appearance. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime—on all skin types on and off the face, all in a single procedure.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright © 2016 ♥Feliza Ong♥ |A Blog on Lifestyle, Beauty, Travel, Fashion and Food| All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this site expressed herein represent my own views and opinions and not of the people or organizations that I am affiliated with.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes